Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pictures





















    Here are a bunch of pictures of Brooklynn!!! They aren't in really any particular order but just a bunch I have taken over the last week and a half. I love the one with Robbie and Brooklynn. It is so sweet to see those 2 together. 
    Brooklynn is now 4 lbs 10 oz and quickly growing. She is now doing "ad lib feeding" where she wakes herself up when she's hungry and she lets the nurse know that she's hungry. Robbie and I have yet to really hear her use her lungs but I guess soon enough we will. The nurses just keep telling us that Brooklynn is running the show and everything revolves around her!! We are just so grateful she is in our lives and we don't know what we would do without her!! 
    She should be completely off oxygen tomorrow and as long as she can go a day without and "periodic breathing" (where she "forgets" to breath for like 10 seconds) then she can come home!!!!!!!! We are so excited!!! The nurse practioners all tell us that she eats like a champ and she's keeping her temperature up so we just are trying to get her off oxygen. I am so amazed at how quickly she is improving. Tonight my mom and I went and spent a few hours with her and she was awake for a full 2 hours!!!!!!!! By the time we were getting ready to leave she was so tired but she was fighting it so bad and I think it was because she knew that I would be leaving and wouldn't be back until the next day. It was hard to leave but knowing that hopefully by the end of this week she will be ALL MINE!!!! I just can't wait to cuddle with her and spend so much time with her. It's amazing how quickly our lives have changed and what a miracle she is to our family. I'm pretty sure it was a miracle that we got pregnant and then to have her born a month early and doing as well as she is...she's just a pure miracle! I love her so much and can't wait to see her grow up and reach her potential.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

she is beautiful! and sounds a bit spunky.

emily barlocker scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

Congratulations guys! Brooklynn is just beautiful and precious. can't wait to see more pictures ;)