Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Our lives have changed!!!!!!!

I haven't blogged in forever it seems like!!!!! I have found that my time now is torn between going to the hospital to see our beautiful little girl, sleeping, pumping and trying to get our house ready to bring Brooklynn home. I am hoping to get you all caught up on what happened....bear with me if it takes awhile!!! This is the first time I have been on the computer for awhile (I have just been accessing facebook through my phone).

So we went into the hospital on Tuesday, December 27th at 6:30 a.m. We were suppose to be there Monday night but they had called us and told us that there was no room in the hospital (now I just think...."there was no room in the inn....lol) so we had to wait. We had gone in Monday for an amniotic fluid intake test and the fluid was down to 6.99 and our doctor had told us if it had got below 7 he wanted us induced sooner than Tuesday night.

So Tuesday morning they started me on Prepigel which softens the cervix because I was only dilated to a 1. I had to take 3 rounds of that and still didn't dilate at all!!! It was a long 18 hours...Robbie was getting anxious. So at 5 am Wednesday morning they started me on a Pitocin drip that was suppose to start contractions. I started feeling small ones but not anything really big. By like 7 am I still hadn't really progressed so the dr came in at 8:30 am and broke my water. After that I started feeling harder contractions which were painful but I thought that I was being a wimp so I had waited until like 10 to let them know I wanted an epidural which took like another hour to get cuz they had to check some lab tests to make sure it was ok to get on.

9:30-10:30 probably was the worst hour because the contractions were off the chart. I have a high tolerance to pain so the nurse was surprised I was doing so well. Once I got that epidural I was GREAT!!!!! I couldn't feel anything!!!

At 1:00 we had a scare where Brooklynn's heart dropped and they prepped me for an emergency c section just in case. The dr came in and checked me and said that I had progressed really quickly (within like a half an hour) and so he wanted me to try pushing.....4 pushes and Brooklynn had arrived!!!!! 2:31 pm Brooklynn MacKay Chaffin was born. 4 lbs 2 oz and 17.5 inches long. She had a full head of hair!!!!!!!! 

No comments: