Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

What I've been up too.....


2 of my good friends got married in the Timpanogas temple yesterday and I was so happy to be able to attend!!! It was great just seeing them walk into the sealing room looking so happy. I guess I should take full responsibility because I set them up but I really don't think I was responsible....they're so cute together and I'm just glad it worked out and that their day was so gorgeous. So I made their cake for them and it was a purple velvet (as purple as I could get it) cake with cream cheese frosting covered in fondant. The fondant turned really dry but I think it turned out cute. Robbie is so gracious and helps me so much in putting the cakes together and adding the final touches....as much as I think he doesn't like to. 
 I know this isn't the best pic but my camera is about to die. Keisha looked AMAZING in her dress!!! She completely has the best figure and it just accentuated that so much. I just loved how happy they were the whole day (or every time I saw them). Their reception was gorgeous and they had DELICIOUS food there. I could've eaten that all night long!!

 Here's a better picture of the couple and Keisha's dress. She was getting him to go somewhere but I'm not sure where.

 I am not sure why the picture turned so blueish so I'm sorry but this was the 2 cakes before we stacked them. It was a white cake with strawberry filling. I have never done a cake like this before and if you were to ask me today I would never do one like it again. Robbie told me he would never cover a 14 inch cake in fondant again (yes he helped me with every layer). 

 This was the final result. I thought it turned out gorgeous and one of if not the best cake I have ever made even though it made me have a meltdown because the fondant WAS  NOT cooperating at all!!! We just barely made it to the reception in time to set it up and I had been working on it since 9 in the morning. So needless to say I am glad that I am done with wedding cakes for a month!!!! I'm almost tempted to just be done with wedding cakes until the baby comes....but I guess we'll see.
 Robbie placed the temple on top and every flower and the middle topper.
Close up of the detail. It took a long time to do it but I really think it turned out gorgeous!!!



1 comment:

Nicole Love said...

Wow! Your cakes are beautiful!!!