Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Magic Cookie Bars



So we're having a potluck tomorrow at work and wanted to make a new recipe that was pretty easy and so this is what I found. They are pretty good, the only thing I would do differently is not add as much butter because they're kind of oily but I thought they tasted pretty good! Marshmallows probably would be really good in there as well.

1/2 c margarine
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 c flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for glass pan). In 9x13 inch baking pan melt the butter in the oven. Sprinkle crumbs over margarine; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients; press firmly down. Bake 25-35 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool. Chilled if desire. Cut into bars and enjoy!!

I added some peanut butter chips and probably a little bit more chocolate chips and then sprinkled cut up peanuts on top and I thought they turned out pretty good and took me maybe 10 minutes to put it all together!!!!

No comments: