Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Our New Home

So we finally moved this weekend and man am I sore. My brother, A.J., came down earlier in the week and helped Robbie move all of the big stuff out of our house to the new 2 bedroom basement apartment in Orem (man....it's hard to move from 5 bedrooms to two....). So I didn't think it would take very long to get everything else over and we were just going to do it ourselves because in our heads we were thinking "We can't have that much stuff!" But I finally decided that it would probably go a lot faster if we had help and my mom had offered all week to help so I finally called her. I hate asking for help when I feel like I can do something myself. I guess I just don't want to feel like a burden on anyone....so my mom talked A.J. into coming again and helping. So Friday I started packing and then my mom, A.J., Heidi, Sean and Cierra were there to help. Heidi had to leave early to drop her trailer off so it was Robbie, my mom, A.J. and me loading stuff up until 9:00 p.m. and we were exhausted and we still had a ton left to do. So we decided we'd wait until morning to do the rest and I think that was the best idea.

We started the next morning and we did have a lot more energy which was nice but still it took a lot longer than I had thought it would. We finally finished at 4:00 and now we have all of our boxes to unpack. Our second bedroom is jam packed with stuff and so that will hopefully motivate me to get it out of boxes sooner. I'm excited to be able to hang pics and stuff on the wall and just have fun with the place.

Our neighbor has already come over and introduced herself and brought us a plate of cookies. I thought that was so nice of her!!! So I'm hoping tonight I can take some pics or when we have it all unpacked. I think I'm going to do a scentsy party so that people can come and see the place! I have liked it so far!!!



1 comment:

mikeynannie said...

Moving is a big pain, huh!?! But it is still fun, I think. I'm glad everything went well for you. Can't wait to see pics!