Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!!! It's been forever since we've blogged but it's cuz our internet was off and it's back on now! Yay!!!! SO I feel like I've missed a lot in the last little bit but oh well I guess.
Since Robbie is like a little kid, we did our Christmas on Sunday. (His excuse was we'd be gone all day on Christmas...which was true). He got me some books, awesome Cd's, a photo album thingy, we got fly fishing poles, sleeping bags, and stuff for our 72 hour kits.
I got him some Cd's, DVDs, maps, and on Christmas day I surprised him at my parents with a smoker that he really wanted. He's putting it together as we speak and I hope he likes it. Then for our family gift we got a video camera that Robbie loves as well. So be prepared to see lots of video of Cassie soon. As for Cassie, she got a giant tennis ball, a giant bone and some treats. Then Robbie's parents sent her a bone as well which she won't eat. She just carries it around and wants to bury it. (That video is soon to come....)
This was Robbie's first Christmas with my family and I think he was a little bit overwhelmed because he's used to spending the night at his parents house Christmas eve and then Christmas day they open presents and then just veg all day (which I think I like it that way...). So this year Christmas started at us getting up and getting to my parents house by 9:30 a.m. to open presents. It was a fun year. 4 out of 6 kids were there which hasn't happened in a long time. So it was my mom, dad, Heidi, Sean, Robbie, me, Jen, Eliot, and A.J. then 7 dogs!!!! It was a lot of fun to be there with family. Then my mom and dad made us all breakfast and we sat around for a little bit and then we headed up to Robbie's grandparents house.
Robbie's dad, uncle were there and when we got there they didn't have any electricity because of the bad weather (it was snowing nonstop the whole day). We just hung out there for a few hours and then at 5 we headed over to my grandma's house for the traditional ham and roll dinner and sat around and talked. I wanted to stay longer to see what presents everyone got but the weather was getting bad and we had a 45 minute drive home so we had to take off.
It was an eventful Christmas and I think we got way too much (but we're not going to complain!!!) and we're excited we both have the rest of the weekend off to just not do anything!!! Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you had a great day. I'll post pics as soon as we get our camera back from Robbie's grandparents.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

glad to hear you both had a great day. the holidays are a stressful time.

Kiera said...

I am glad you had a great Christmas! We miss you!

Cynthia Madill said...

sounds fun, I am glad to hear you all had a merry Christmas!! Celena says "7 DOGS WOW" lol love you guys have a happy New Year !!