Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween and Pumpkin Mania!!!!

So I think I lost the spirit of Halloween the day after I turned 14 and it wasn't "cool" to go trick or treating anymore. I asked Robbie if this year we could dress Cassie up as a princess and go and get lots of candy and he said no. He's no fun!!! But instead my sister bought her this really cute shirt that says Trick or Treat and it glows in the dark. We've never put anything like a shirt on her before so I was scared that she wouldn't really like it. At first she tried biting it and after like 5 minutes she got used to it and now she won't really let us take it off. So what are we suspose to do after Halloween???? We did see a really cute poofy coat at Petsmart I think we're going to buy her for the winter!



Anyways, so here's a picture of her in her cute shirt! It made it a whole lot easier to spot her today amongst all the brown woodchips.





So as most of you know I love to bake. It seems that my days off I end up baking something. Whether it be cookies, bread, breadsticks, etc I'm usually in the kitchen. In the last few weeks since it's getting closer to Halloween and Thanksgiving (or I'm just in the mood to use pumpkin I think) I've made a lot of......





Pumpkin cookies,









Pumpkin Rolls,









and Pumpkin Bread!!!!!






So I figured that since I've found some really good recipes for each of them I'd share! I think the pumpkin roll is gonna be a signature when I own my own bakery one day. The rest have just been awesome to eat and to make!!!! I hope you enjoy.


Pumpkin Cookies

1 cup sugar 1/2 cup shortening
2 well beaten eggs 1 1/2 cups-2 cups pumpkin
1 tsp ginger 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 bag of chocolate chips 2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt 2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Powder 1 tsp Vanilla

Cream Sugar and shortening. Add eggs, vanilla, sift flour, salt and remaining ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 30 cookies



Pumpkin Roll

3 eggs (beat 2-3 minutes)
1 cup sugar (add gradually)
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp lemon juice
Stir in Pumpkin and lemon juice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 cup walnuts


Stir together dry ingredients and fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into a well greased and floured 11x15 cookie sheet. Top with 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional). Bake at 375 for 12-13 minutes (or until it springs back to the touch). Cool 15 minutes and turn onto a powdered sugar towel (be generous with the powdered sugar so the roll doesn't stick to the towel when unrolling) and roll. Chill. Unroll and fill roll with filling. Wrap in plastic wrap. Can store in fridge for 10 days (if it lasts that long!)

Filling

1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese
4 tbs butter

Beat all ingredients together and spread on pumpkin roll.


This is seriously the best dessert in the world. If you've never made one or had one....try it and you'll love it!!! They don't last very long around my family's house!!!!!! Yum yum!


Pumpkin Bread

2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves (I don't use these and it's still really good!)
1 tsp soda (don't forget this....I did that once....didn't turn out good at all!!!!
1 1/2 tsp salt
chocolate chips
Bake at 300 for 1 hour and fifteen minutes. Makes 2 large or 3 small loaves



So if anyone tries these recipes let me know if you liked them!!!! I love to hear that people love what I bake and if I could share with everyone I would. If you ever want any baked goods let me know and I'd love to make something for you!! Sometimes I even ship!!!! :) Happy Halloween. (Oh I do have an awesome Maggot Soup recipe which tastes awesome. Robbie asked me to make it again so that's a good sign!!!)


No comments: