Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This, That and the other

So this blog is pretty much just another rambler one! I seem to do really well at that. I have a bunch of miscellaneous pictures and figured I might as well post them! There's nothing really new and exciting going on just the usual packing and decluttering going on. I've collected a lot of junk over the years and some stuff I know that I will never use again (or may have never used to begin with) but I just can't seem to part with it. I don't know why it's just something Robbie is going to have to live with. I have done really well though at throwing stuff away in the last few weeks. Anyways.





This is a picture of me and Teri. She's one of my bestest friends and we have a lot of fun together at work. I don't think I would have made it through some days if it weren't for her. I will really miss her when I leave and I get teary eyed when I think about having to say see ya later. We've been through a lot together and I know she's one of the people that I'm going to miss the most from Texas. But I know that God puts people in your lives for reasons and I believe that Teri was put in mine to be the friend that I needed while I lived in Texas. I would say that I don't allow myself to get too close to many people but I was able to get close to her and I know we'll be friends forever!!!




Cassie loved to just look at the fish in the fish tank as they swam by. She'd sometimes jump up on the glass so that she could get a better view. I think the fish taunted her by swimming right in front of her back and forth over and over again! I'm gonna miss that fish tank.





So Cassie loves to sit in Robbie's chair if we pull the blinds up so that she can see out the window. I think it gives her something to do but also something to look at. Her foster mom told us that german shepherds are very curious dogs and I believe that after having Cassie. She loves to watch everyone and would love to stop and sniff everything that she could if we would let her!


Another picture of her actually looking out the window at the cars going by or whatever it is that catches her interest. Sometimes I think she thinks she's a cat. If I'm sitting on the chair and we pull the blinds up she'll come and lay on the back of the chair like a cat would though half of her is falling off!!!






And yet another picture of her looking out the window!








This is what our messy apartment looks like with boxes in every extra square inch. I guess it gives us a reason to be a little messy for awhile. There's just boxes everywhere and I dread the thought of having to unpack them again when we get to Utah.







Another view of all the boxes I've packed so far. I know I shouldn't complain cuz I'm not going to have to carry the heavy ones...I'll leave that up to the elders quorum when they come to help Saturday morning!








Just another view of our apartment. These are pretty much just the empty boxes we have on the table. Notice the nice bookshelves in the background??? I'm mad we have to give those up but we don't have room to take them. Oh well I'm sure we'll find some other great Walmart brand ones that fall apart the day after you buy them....those are my favorite!!!


Here's some of the other....this was my first wedding cake that I did. It's ok for the first one but I think I still have a long way to go. If I were to do it again I would've done white on white instead of the yellow on the white. But what can you do when you have about an hour to decorate the cake??? I think Steph and Jeff liked it. It tasted awesome and I think that's the most important part.





This is a picture of me and Robbie's grandma Renie. She flew in from Idaho for the wedding. The last time I saw her was at our wedding so it was good to see her. (I look like I'm holding my breath or something....)





This is me and my handsome husband Robbie. I felt like the weekend of the wedding I saw him for a total of like 2 hours. Even though it was more we were both just running ragged and I think we were both glad when it was done just cuz of everything that had to be done. I thought the wedding turned out good and Stephanie looked gorgeous and I know that's what mattered. I even got to dance with Robbie and I think that's been one of my most favorite things we've ever done together. He said we might be able to take dance lessons together at UVSC. That would be a lot of fun even though I have no coordination whatsoever! So that's just a little of what's been going on in our household in the last little bit!!!

No comments: