Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Baking Adventures

So I am doing my second wedding cake on Friday so my niece, Cierra, slept over this past weekend and helped me make a few gum paste roses. The lilies didn't turn out very well but I'm going to try again this week. I am praying really hard that the wedding cake is everything that she wants!! I'll post pics when it's complete. Here's a few pics of the roses that I did. Let me know what ya think.

The brides colors are ivory, navy blue and lavender so I will incorporate those colors into the flowers.


I found this new blog and he has amazing recipes so I've tried a few. The first pics are angel food cake cut up in squares with caramel in the middle and then covered in chocolate and drizzled with more caramel. I learned a new trick of making caramel. If you get a can of sweet and condensed milk and then put it in a pot of water and boil it for about 3 hours (yes it is really 3 hours) and it turns to caramel. It's amazing!!! They were delicious.







This one I made more like the recipe and used pound cake (which I didn't know if I'd like) and then caramel and put coconut on top. The coconut was suppose to be toasted but I didn't feel like it and I think they tasted fine without it. They are delicious and I am sure they will be a great hit!!!

That's about all that's been going on here. Um, Robbie got a job back in march at Pinnacle Security which we were real glad about and I have been called to teach the 11 year olds in primary with Robbie which I love. They are such an awesome group of kids!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

you are very talanted. i wish you would do more frequent postings