Happily Ever After

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

MOST AMAZING PEANUT BUTTER BARS!!!!

So I got this recipe from someone after I had tried her bars and thought they were the best peanut butter bars ever!!! I made them last night and took them to work and they were gone within 2 hours I would say. I have some now and it's taking everything I have to not eat them. I figured since I enjoyed them so much that it would be good to share the recipe with everyone that wants them. So enjoy. I'd love to hear feedback on who likes them and what you thought.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar mix together
1/2 cup brown sugar


1 egg
1/3 cup peanut butter add next in order
1/2 tsp vanilla


1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda add last
1 cup rolled oats


Bake @ 375 for 12-15 min (I cooked mine about 11 min and that was about perfect...just depends on your stove)

Top w/1 cup chocolate chips right after you take out of oven. Wait a few minutes until chocolate melts and spreads. Let chocolate set.

Mix 1 cup powder sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Add frosting when chocolate has set. Enjoy and try to not eat all of them yourself!!!

No comments: